Saturday, October 31, 2009

Lori's "Krazy" Dream

We woke up this morning at the marina in Clifton Tennessee feeling groggy and slightly hung over. As per our normal routine, I began to tell Gary, in great detail, about the crazy dream I had. This one was a doozy! It started out with us having happy hour beers with all the locals in the marina store. Everyone was really friendly and we were having a great time, getting pretty buzzed up. Then this one guy invites us to go out for a few more beers. One of the other guys, who reminded me of Jamaica John from the Bay, decides to go along. Next thing we know, we’re in a the back seat of a big pick up truck winding along the dark deserted back roads of Tennessee. First stop, somewhere out in the woods, was to pick us up a “Welcome to Clifton” jar of Tennessee’s Best Moonshine. Then all of a sudden we’re at this juke joint called BILLY BOB’S, where I flirted outrageously with all the bib-overall clad guys at the bar. I remember sitting on the cutest one’s lap. He liked it so much he shared some of his moonshine with us. We heard music coming from the back room, and discovered it was karaoke night. Next thing I know, Gary’s bringin the house down with Chantilly Lace. And the night wouldn’t have been complete without some serious co-ed pipe smoking. Somehow we made it back to the boat, and I think we even had a nip of moonshine for a nightcap. “Baby, that was no dream” Gary interrupts. “ Look at the pictures on the camera.” “And by the way” he adds. “We decided to stay another day and we’re all meeting again this afternoon at 4:00.” WHAT?

1 comment:

CRC Bry said...

OMG... !!! that’s scary, I’m not sure if this is a good or bad dream? hahaha, you’re having way too much fun, and I’m very envious. Someday soon, …Southern Cross is going to make this trip and I ain’t coming back with her (unless I put a blow rag on her bow). Luv you guys -CRC Bry